Back to Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 9th edition – Portal
The 9th edition of Standards for Cellular Therapy Services (CT Standards) details the latest standards of practice for accredited cellular therapy facilities.
Significant changes to the 9th edition include:
- A new standard requiring facilities have policies, processes and procedures in place to address operational continuity in situations where a facility’s operational status may be in question.
- ISBT 128 labeling requirements for all products, recognizing different time frames at which point the label must be attached.
- New clinical outcome requirements for facilities that administer or process islets.
- New requirements for what must be included in records of products procured, processed or cryopreserved.
- New standards focused on the monitoring of oxygen levels and the subsequent activation of alarms when they deviate.
The 9th edition of CT Standards, effective July 1, 2019, details the latest standards for facilities that perform transfusion in out of hospital settings, including but not limited to long term care facilities, hospice, infusion centers, or home care settings.
The Standards Portal is also fully searchable by key word, chapter, or standard number, allowing users to navigate quickly to the most relevant standards to them at that time. Guidance is provided on how to implement a standard, why it was created, or why a change was made from this edition to the last. Any relevant documentation that would assist users in implementing the standard in question is provided.
New Benefits to Users
All links to outside websites and cross references to other standards in the portal are live and appear in popup windows to allow users to be able to see both the standard in question and the linked post. The full edition of the CT Standards (not including any guidance) is printable at any time to ensure that users can take the CT Standards on the go.
Any interim or emergent standards will appear seamlessly in the portal once effective and highlighted.
By purchasing the Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 9th edition (“Standards”) through the AABB Standards Portal (“Portal”), users acknowledge and agree that they will access the Standards solely for their own personal and/or professional use and not distribute, copy or provide access to the Standards for use by any third parties. Furthermore, users will securely maintain their login and password for the Portal. In the event that AABB or its authorized agents discover that users have not complied with these Terms and Conditions of Use, they understand that they will lose all rights to access the Standards and will not be entitled to any refund.
Effective date: July 1, 2019
Nonmember price: $247
Member price: $185
View Table of Contents (pdf)
View Preface (pdf)
View Sample Pages (pdf)
AABB Customer Support
4550 Montgomery Avenue
Suite 700, North Tower