Back to Practical Guide to Transfusion Medicine, 2nd ed – Digital
Ideal for every student of clinical transfusion medicine, those who transfuse blood on a daily basis and need a handy reference, or practitioners just looking for an informative resource on the subject matter, Practical Guide to Transfusion Medicine, 2nd edition, has been updated and expanded to provide guidance in the day-to-ay clinical aspects of transfusing blood. This is the book clinicians and nurses wish they had in the wards, and emergency room or operating room doctors wish they had in their residency and fellowships.
Topics addressed in this edition:
• Indications for transfusion.
• Infectious and noninfectious adverse effects of transfusion.
• Transfusion alternatives.
• Blood group antigens and antibodies.
• Plasma derivatives.
• Transfusion in emergencies.
• Therapeutic apheresis.
• Transfusion service management.
• Special patient populations.
• Component administration.
By Marian Petrides, MD; Gary Stack, MD, PhD; Laura Cooling, MD, MS; and Lanne Y. Maes, MD
(AABB, 2007, digital, ISBN 978-1-56395-961-5)