Simply put, this text contains all the information you need most about intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) products and their use in clinical practice. This collaboration of international experts has resulted in the most comprehensive and up-to-date resource available in an area of transfusion medicine that is rapidly growing. Contents address not only IVIG and anti-D, but also hyperimmune immunoglobulins and therapeutic monoclonal immunoglobulins.
- Basic concepts and practical considerations.
- Manufacturing concepts.
- Mechanisms of action.
- Use of IVIG in hematology.
- Use of IVIG in neurology.
- Use of IVIG in infectious diseases, systemic inflammatory response syndromes, and other diseases.
- Use of anti-D in hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn.
- Use of anti-D in autoimmunity.
- Use of monoclonal antibodies in hematology.
- Use of monoclonal antibodies in oncology.
The discussions on present research and future directions will be of interest to both scientists in the laboratory setting and clinicians making patient care decisions.
(AABB Press, 2010, soft cover)
View Table of Contents (pdf)
View Preface (pdf)