Back to Blood Transfusion Therapy - A Physician's Handbook
This Handbook has been thoroughly reviewed and updated to reflect the most recent trends in transfusion medicine practice. The compact tome, which fits conveniently in a lab coat pocket, is packed with comprehensive discussions of blood components, plasma derivatives, hemostatic disorders, transfusion practice, and adverse effects of transfusion. Also covered are therapeutic apheresis, massive transfusion, and patient blood management. References for each topic are extensive. This updated edition features:
· Updated and consolidated overview of components.
· Expanded information on prothrombin complex concentrates.
· Entire new chapter on massive transfusion.
· Expanded information on anticoagulant drugs.
· Enhanced discussion of patient blood management, including thromboelastography for transfusion decision making.
· Indications for apheresis updated to reflect the 2016 ASFA guidelines.
Edited by Nick Bandarenko, MD, and Karen King, MD
(AABB, 2017, soft cover, ISBN 978-1-56395-943-1)
View Table of Contents (pdf)
View Preface (pdf)
View Sample Pages (pdf)