The seventh edition of Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, (“Standards”) effective July 1, 2015, details the latest standards of practice for accredited cellular therapy facilities for single and multi-users. It is the first set of standards to appear in the AABB Standards Portal. The Standards...
The seventh edition of Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, (“Standards”) effective July 1, 2015, details the latest standards of practice for accredited cellular therapy facilities for single and multi-users. It is the first set of standards to appear in the AABB Standards Portal. The Standards Portal allows users to customize their profile based on the activities for which they are accredited and can be rearranged at any time. Standards that do not apply to a user’s profile will appear grayed out to ensure that purchasers are aware of the standards that apply to their facility and those that do not.
The Standards Portal is also fully searchable by key word, chapter, or standard number, allowing users to navigate quickly to the most relevant standards to them. Guidance is provided on how to implement a standard, why it was created, or why a change was made from this edition to the last. Any relevant documentation that would assist users in implementing the standard in question is provided.
New Benefits to Users
All links to outside websites and cross references to other standards in the portal are live and appear in popup windows to allow users to be able to see both the standard in question and the linked post. The full edition of the Standards (not including any guidance) is printable at any time to ensure that users can take the Standards on the go.
Any interim or emergent standards will appear seamlessly in the portal once effective and highlighted.
By purchasing the Standards for Cellular Therapy Services, 7th edition (“Standards”) through the AABB Standards Portal (“Portal”), users acknowledge and agree that they will access the Standards solely for their own personal and/or professional use and not distribute, copy or provide access to the Standards for use by any third parties. Furthermore, users will securely maintain their login and password for the Portal. In the event that AABB or its authorized agents discover that users have not complied with these Terms and Conditions of Use, they understand that they will lose all rights to access the Standards and will not be entitled to any refund.
Significant changes in the 7th edition include:
- Donor and patient informed consent requirements have been separated to provide more focused standards; this includes the expansion of Reference Standards 4.5A and 4.7A.
- Enhanced Chapter 5 Process Control to divide the chapter into four distinct areas of focus: general process control, procurement activities, processing activities, and clinical activities.
- New standards requiring specific time intervals depending on the nature of storage devices have been added in Standards 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
- Standards relating to in-utero and ex-utero cord blood collections have been added to the 7th edition to assist users as it relates to product labeling.
- Donor evaluation standards focused on clinical activities have been added to this edition in Standards 5.24.1 – 18.104.22.168.
To purchase multi-user licenses for your organization, add the number of licenses to the quantity field above. All discounts are reflected at checkout.
||Cost per Unit (Member Price)
||Cost per Unit (Non Member Price)|
||$175 per unit
||$225 per unit|
||$160 per unit
||$210 per unit|
||$145 per unit
||$195 per unit|
||Contact Customer Support for pricing
||Contact Customer Support for pricing|
For more information about purchasing multi-user access please contact:
AABB Customer Support
8101 Glenbrook Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
To facilitate access to the Standards, when purchasing multi-user licenses, you will be required to assign access to specific individuals within your organization.